Data Analyst, Supply Chain Master Data (Internship, 6 months)
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients. As a company, Biogen recognizes that cutting-edge science and medicines can change the course of devastating diseases. For more information please visit: www.biogen.com/careers. We are looking for bright, committed, flexible and creative individuals to join us in our mission.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Information Systems student to join Biogen for a six month internsip in data management.
At the interface bewteen Global Supply Chain and Information Technology, the Data Analyst Intern will be an integral part of implementing Biogen’s strategy to achieve data excellence in product master data.
You will be responsible for project activities such as analyzing and documenting business processes, writing or revising procedures and work instructions and support training activity. You may also assume operational responsibility for the maintenance of master data in Biogen’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and support initiatives to improve data quality.
The role provides an opportunity to gain experience in the biotech industry in a broad range of core business functions including supply chain, manufacturing, quality, regulatory, commercial, finance and IT.
• Analyze and document business processes and data models
• Write and/or revise procedures and work instructions
• Support training development and execution
• Create and update data per business requests and as part of projects
• Resolve data issues and participate in initiatives to improve data quality
• Student enrolled in Bachelor or Master program in business information systems, business information technology, business engineering or related field
• Solid Microsoft Excel skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills; fluent oral and written English is a must
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to be a self-starter
• Experience working with enterprise systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle EBS) is a plus
To be successful, you have to demonstrate strong conceptual and strategic thinking, high attention to detail, as well as strong communication and writing skills.