|at EY (view profile)|
|Date Posted||06. Jun. 2018|
We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist - Forensic Technology and Discovery Services (FTDS) in Zurich
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
Our professionals within Assurance practice in Zurich develop specifically tailored audits in order to build trust and to ensure clarity, transparency and continuity. Start your career today by joining us in the versatile world of the audit.
The rapidly growing Forensic Technology & Discovery Services team within the Fraud Investigation department is currently seeking suitable candidates for an excellent career opportunity in the Forensic Data Analytics (“FDA”) team. This team represents a critical component in EY’s FTDS growth strategy and is where most of the innovative early thinking in Fraud Investigation ecosystem takes place.
The FDA team is a global group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and dispute services for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, exploratory and descriptive analysis, social network analysis and predictive modeling.
You will have a unique, career changing opportunity to play a key role in the growth and strategy of the FDA group
Tasks that you promote
- Working on client engagement teams in carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volumes of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of database management systems and financial platforms
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and sometimes adversarial situations
- Working in our specialized forensic technology labs and onsite, to help clients leverage knowledge from their data through the application of advanced analytics
- Supporting the development of new FDA tools and solutions, by understanding the state-of-the-art methods, customizing them to the FDA needs, and making them ready for production
Your profile to succeed together
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in all fields related to Computer Science
- Experience with SQL or similar database query languages
- Experience with Python, R, Ruby scripting or other programming languages is beneficial
- Solid knowledge of IT environments, networking, server architecture and IT security is advantageous
- Experience in collecting, processing and analyzing large volumes of unstructured and structured data is advantageous
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as (un)supervised clustering, SVMs, or deep learning is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Strong problem solving, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Consulting-oriented mindset, flexibility and “can-do” approach are a must
- Practical experience in a similar type of work is advantageous
More opportunities for your development
Dou you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world's leading professional services firms.
Jona Fahrländer is looking forward to receiving your application.
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: ZUR00151.